I pretty much could not resist the opportunity to have fun with cookie cutters and burgers. I had been thinking that my cookie cutters were just collecting dust since my son was diagnosed with an egg sensitivity, among others.
These Star Burgers were a fun way to mix it up and my toddler really enjoyed making them with me. If you want to maximize the veggies, check out this recipe.
- 1 lb. grass fed organic beef
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 1-2 garlic
- clove, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Set oven to broil.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Press meat onto parchment paper until it is about ½-inch thick.
- Press a large star cookie cutter firmly into the meat. Give a little wiggle and then remove. There may be a little “fringe” present. If so, use your finger to tuck it on the underside of the cookie cutter.
- Place burgers on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Broil for 3-6 minutes, depending on how well done you like your burgers.
I served mine up on a bed of lightly sauteed kale with avocado. I plan to make some sliders with them this weekend. I’ll post those pictures too so check back.
I also love this recipe for Green Burger Buns by PaleOakland.
In theory, you may be able to pull this off on a grill, but I’d imagine you’d need some aluminum foil to ensure your don’t sacrifice your burgers to the coal. I don’t own a grill so I haven’t experimented with it. But if you do, will you please share your experience with me in the comments?
Looking for some tasty sides? Try a few of my favorite recipes to accompany your burger.
Avocado Fries by Stupid Easy Paleo
Spicy Roast Romanesco with Lemon and Capers by Zen Belly
Baked Sweet Potato Fries by Nom Nom Paleo
Sweet Pepper Poppers by Popular Paleo
Paleo Mac N Cheese by Predominantly Paleo
KEEPING IT REAL, WHILE KEEPING YOU EDUCATED
Featuring a 28 day plan to take back your cycle and dozens of charts, checklists, and diagrams to help along the way.