These are a wonderful grain free alternative that even kids love. My toddler was a big fan! I hope you enjoy them as much as he did!
- 1 large sweet potato
- Handful spinach
- 1 lb ground buffalo or grass fed beef (vegetarian black bean patty can be substituted)
- Organic coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Slice sweet potatoes into rounds (consider how thick you’d like the “bun”). Place on a baking sheet, coat lightly with coconut oil and bake for 30-40 minutes or until tender in the center.
- Make burger patties to match the size of the sweet potatoes. Grill, bake or pan fry (you choose how well done you’d like them).
- Place the burger on a sweet potato round and add spinach and your favorite condiments. I love mustard, sauerkraut and pickles.
- Place the second round on top and enjoy!