Is This Normal: Judgment Free Straight Talk About Your Body
A clinically proven program to heal hormone dysfunction, resolve menstrual issues, and bring more pleasure into your love life. Featuring a 28 day plan to take back your cycle and dozens of charts, checklists, and diagrams to help along the way.
Is This Normal is giving the medically accurate answers you've been dying to know but are too embarrassed to ask, as well as busting myths women have been told for generations. From tackling topics like PMS and period problems, to abnormal discharge, pain in the bedroom, and how cyclical hormones rule your life—there is nothing too TMI here.
The truth is, while common, many of the hormone issues women face can be easily corrected with the solutions in this book. Is This Normal is your adult guide to everything your health ed teacher should of said about how your body works but didn’t, from a trusted physician and clinical sexologist.
Is This Normal is dishing on:
- Why being born with ovaries doesn’t mean you have to deal with PMS, mood swings, cramping, low libido, or other “female” problems…and exactly what you need to do to eliminate these issues fast.
- How to balance your hormones to give you super powers, instead of feeling the dread the monthly swings.
- Why we need to stop telling women it’s possible to get pregnant any time of the month and the truth about how your fertility works + how to use that knowledge to get pregnant or avoid it all together!
- The fact that having a 28-day menstrual cycle isn't what most women experience and precisely what you need to know about what's normal and what's not when it comes to your cycle.
- Why the orgasm exist exists (that is the number of women not having them) and how to get more pleasure, while closing that gap, in the bedroom.
Praise for Is This Normal
“Dr. Jolene Brighten is a leading hormone expert who passionately advocates for women to have the knowledge and tools to feel their best. While many doctors dismiss women’s concerns as normal, Dr. Brighten provides insight on the root cause of the most common (and sometimes least talked about) hormone issues women face. In this book she offers comprehensive guidance on how to restore a healthy cycle, optimize your hormones, and get the pleasure you deserve.” — Izabella Wentz, PharmD, New York Times Bestselling Author of Hashimoto's Protocol
A delightful and feisty book from the indomitable Dr Jolene Brighten. I'm a fifty-something women's health expert, and I still learned a thing or two! — Dr. Lara Briden, author of Period Repair Manual
The words “You’re normal” are hands-down the most powerful words any sexual health professional can say. Dr. Brighten says those words over and over in this marvelous, comprehensive book. I can’t wait to share it with my patients, and all the women in my life. — David J. Ley PhD., Clinical Psychologist, Sex Therapist and Author of Insatiable Wives: Women Who Stray and the Men Who Love Them.